爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2386
用戶失蹤天數 2093
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-20 21:47 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Michael Benjamin It’s a tough job but someone has to do it even if for the sake of posterity!It was with this objective that I became engaged in deep research,Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys, vigorously attempting to ascertain the criteria for an exclusive spot in the Guinness Book of World Records to highlight Guyana’s eco-tourism.This country once enjoyed world acclaim after the infamous Jonestown mass murder/suicide. We deserve more than that! This country deserves at least two column inches in that august publication so that we could advertise our diversity and eco tourism, thus erasing the Jonestown misfortune.It is, however, apparent that the relevant authorities are disinterested in such acclaim so I have to take the initiative and do it on my own.Really,Nike Air Force One Shoes For Sale, there is so much happening in this country that should have made it into the Guinness Book that it boggles the mind that we are still to launch unto the international scene with flair and fantasy. Countries around the world have staked a claim in the Guinness Book of World Records even though their record breaking material pales in comparison to our eco tourism.Admittedly, the 20th century has provided spectacular advances in design, engineering, and construction which have allowed humanity to create an array of monumental structures.And from these, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), with help from experts around the world, selected several wonders that today are regarded as the world’s greatest.These edifices include the Empire State building,wholesale nfl jerseys, the Itaipu Dam, the CN Tower in Canada, the Panama Canal, the Channel Tunnel, the North Sea Protection Works, and the Golden Gate Bridge.These wonders embody an abundance of human ingenuity,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, thus showcasing humankind’s ability to dream, plan, and achieve on a colossal, mind-boggling scale. Yet, Guyana’s ‘wonders’ would make these others appear minuscule and insignificant.And so I engaged some ingenuity and coupled with nationalistic verve, decided to take a hike around the country in search of material that could possibly be categorised as a wonder and thus break into the Guinness Book of World records.I had barely exited my door when I was greeted by the first of such sights. You see, I live a stone’s throw away from the Cemetery Road Dump site. No, I did not mistake the name. You see, when the dumping of solid waste in that area began, one could safely have called it the Mandela Dumpsite.Alas, activities have long since progressed from the eastern to the western end, thus the rechristening to the Cemetery Road Dump site.The situation has become so shameful and out of hand that some people have experienced difficulties finding the tombs of their loved ones. They are quite sure that the tombs are there but are unable to access them because the mounds of rubbish that have buried the structures that contain their buried dead.The unsightly, smelly mound affected immediate residents in North East La Penitence, Meadow Brook, Lodge and other immediate areas, yet it took the efforts of Mark Benschop and Freddy Kissoon to create the type of stir that forced administrators to re-site the dreaded (and dreadful) Cemetery Road dump site to a more suitable area, over on the West Coast and miles away from human habitation.I was almost tempted to divert the angle of my research to ascertain when, where,Air Max 97 2018, why and how the problem started. About fifteen years ago, I remember standing helplessly by while city officials decided to convert the playfield aback of the North Ruimveldt Multilateral School into a dumpsite.I taught at that school shortly after that dumpsite was inaugurated and marveled at the dexterity and ambidextrousness of the students of my class. They had somehow perfected the art of blocking their noses with one hand while taking notes with the other and simultaneously swatting the annoying flies that managed to vacate the dumpsite for a five minute retreat in the classrooms.The explanation, then, was that the dumpsite became necessary since the land was sinking and the current activities were meant to build it higher. The students were told that shortly after activities would have ceased that they would be afforded a spanking, much improved playfield.It was a worthwhile sacrifice so the students tolerated the smelly fly-infested classrooms while hoping. Today,Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes, more than a decade later, expectancy is still low; the area is transformed into a jungle in the middle of the city and the children are probably singing the Otis Redding tune, ‘I’ve got dreams to remember.’At