爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2394
用戶失蹤天數 2101
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-25 15:38 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
NEW AMSTERDAM, BERBICE – As Berbicians continue to be caught up with the CARIFESTA X fever, the talent search caravan rolled into the Ancient County on Saturday.Dozens of persons – young and old – auditioned at State House in New Amsterdam.Member of the Region Six CARIFESTA X Committee Shafiran Bhajan emphasized that cultural relevance must be a very important aspect in the pieces presented for audition.The evaluators were Dr. Ramesh Sugrim of Williamsburg and Eileen James of the Region Six Democratic Council; Gracelyn James,Blank Arsenal Jersey UK, member of the National School of Dance; Robert Burns, Musical Director of the Guyana Defense Force; and Wendy Hermanstyne of the National Communications Network.Notoya Fraser,Wholesale Jerseys China, Administrative Assistant and Coordinator of the CARIFESTA Street Cinema and Talent Search,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, said she was impressed with the performance in East Berbice /Corentyne. The main aim was for the participants to showcase their talent.The committee is looking for the best performances in dancing,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, singing, drama, poetry, playing of musical instruments and stand-up comedy.One of the important aspects is costume, and this was more prevalent in Region Six than in other areas.The team also held similar auditions at Linden, Bush Lot and Plaisance. Region Six was the fourth stop. It was not a competition as such, but those auditioning needed to prove that they are good at their chosen talent piece to be a part of the regional concerts from which the best of the best would be selected to be a part of Guyana’s contingent at the upcoming CARIFESTA X.Head of the Region Six Committee, Faizal Jaffarally, pointed out that the performers were drawn from as far as the East Bank of Berbice and Corriverton in Corentyne, and were able to bridge the ethnic divide.One of the singers was 20-year-old Alicia Henry of the Shalom Full Gospel Church in New Amsterdam. She has been singing for the past six years, and does so from the heart,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, based on the way she feels.“I try not to imitate anybody. I sing because I am blessed with a good voice and I want to minister to people. My voice was given to me by God. It is not about me,Wholesale Jerseys China, it’s about me doing the will of God and praising Him when I sing.”Berbicians came out in their numbers and performed in dance, song, and poetry. Many of the songs were actually gospel and not culturally inclined.