爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2097
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-1 22:47 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
A 15-year-old student of the Brickdam Secondary School escaped with his life following a vicious attack by a mentally challenged man outside Parliament Building yesterday morning.Kenneth David, of Stanleytown, West Bank Demerara, received several sutures to close two lacerations to his head, which he sustained during the attack while he was on his way to school at around 08:00 hours.The injured Kenneth David. His mother Abigail Edwards and brother Kevon are in the background.Thankfully, he is out of danger but his attacker, who was severely beaten by irate onlookers and a relative of the wounded student,China NFL Jerseys, remains in hospital.The incident,Cheap Jerseys, which according to eyewitnesses was unprovoked, has left a bitter taste in the mouths of many who are now calling for urgent action to remove persons of unsound mind from the streets.Speaking with this newspaper shortly after he was discharged from hospital yesterday morning, David said that he was walking along Brickdam, just outside the Parliament Building with his younger brother when, without warning, he came under attack.“This ‘junkie’ was bracing the fence and all of a sudden he ran out to me; he had wood in his hand and he lashed me on my head twice. I was running and he lashed me on my hand and I eventually got away. I was screaming,” the injured student stated.David never lost consciousness throughout the attack.He said that the attack came as a major shock since for years he has been traversing that very area, where his attacker would normally be, without incident.“I did not tell him anything. I never said a word, because I’m not a person like that,” David said.Onlookers saw what was happening and immediately rushed to his aid. Some of them pounced on the mentally challenged man and dealt him several blows in an attempt to subdue him before handing him over to the police.David said that although he has suffered physically, he has forgiven the mentally challenged man.“First of all he should be locked up…I forgive him,” David stated.Initially, there were reports that the young man had suffered a worse fate and several of his colleagues left classes and converged at the hospital where they were relieved to see that he was alive and well.The young man’s elder brother, Kevon David, who normally drops his siblings off at the junction of Brickdam and Avenue of the Republic, had just driven off when he received a call on his cellular phone informing him that his brother was struck by a madman.“When I reached, they were saying that he died,Wholesale China Jerseys,” Kevon David told media operatives outside the Accident and Emergency Unit of the Georgetown Public Hospital.He said that he later learnt that his injured brother had been taken to the police mobile outpost from where he was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital.Kenneth David explains his ordeal to schoolmates.“He (later) told me that he just felt his head hurting and when he turned around the man go to lash him and he barred; but one lash catch him on head and his hand.”Kevon David said that people of unsound mind are allowed to remain on the streets with the potential to cause harm to ordinary citizens.“These people are still a menace to society.”This sentiment was echoed by his mother Abigail Edwards, who is the Deputy Headmistress of the Brickdam Secondary School.With tears in her eyes, she recalled how she received a message that her son was walking his usual route when he was wounded by a person of unsound mind.“I normally walk there too and I would usually pass them by Parliament Building every morning. I feel that they should generally remove them because I would be afraid of one of them who walks up and down…this is right in front of Parliament,” Miss Edwards said.This is not the first incident of a person of unsound mind attacking citizens. On a previous occasion one such person struck and killed a citizen, while some of them have caused damages to vehicles and other properties.Human Services Minister Jennifer Webster, expressed deep concern over the incident.“I am deeply disturbed over this attack on an innocent passerby…I will make an attempt to get in touch with the child and his parents to see what assistance they need because he (the child) was hurt,” the Minister stated.But the Human Services Ministry may not be the only agency responsible, since according to experts,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, about 90 percent of the vagrants on the streets are mental patients who require psychiatric treatment, which is more on the medical side.Health Minister, Dr. Bheri Ramsarran, last evening told this newspaper that while yesterday’s incident is unfortunate there is no excuse for the occurrence.However, he pointed out that the problem of mentally ill persons on